HA1182 Heater Gauge Liquid Filled Reddy Mater Desa Pump Pressure Test Gauge
Part # HA1182
Gauge is glycerin filled to reduce needle flutter due to small vibrations and pulsation. Gauge has a Type 304 stainless steel case for corrosion resistance and a dual-scale dial that reads in psi and kPa.
Proper pressure is essential for efficient heater performance.
- The FIRST STEP in diagnosing any heater problem should be checking the output of the air pump. Determine the air pressure required for the heater model that is being serviced. The air pump is responsible for fuel delivery.
- To find the required pressure look for a decal on the side (usually) of your heater. This decal will list the model number, serial number, fuel capacity, pump pressure, etc.
- The hole on the left has a square or slotted plug inserted. Remove the plug. Screw in the nipple end of the gauge into the threaded hole. Be carefull not to cross thread the gauge into the threaded hole. Check for air leaks with soapy water.
- The other hole (on the right) has a screw with a hole which adjusts a ball and spring relief valve assembly. Carefully adjust the screw until the gauge is reading the pressure level that is specified on the heater's label. If operating properly, the pump should produce more pressure than is required to operate the heater. The relief valve allows the excess air to escape before being sent to the nozzle.
- Replace plug. Test for leak.
- If you are unable to reach the desired pressure spray soapy water around the seal of the end cover, at the same time check the plastic cover for a crack. A cracked end cover will not allow the heater to perform properly and will not allow for an accurate reading. The pump must be set at the specified pressure in order to have adequate fuel delivery an adequate fuel atomization. Replace if needed.
- If you set the pressure to specs and the heater does not perform properly or the cone does not glow a soft red, then check for other fuel delivery problems such as a clogged fuel filter, cracked rubber hose, clogged or worn nozzle, or a cracked nozzle adapter. Soapy water lightly sprayed in these areas will quickly identify the problem most of the time. Any air leak will create problems.
This is an original equipment part.
- Packed With Care
We are an Authorized Warranty and Service Center for Many Brands.
Parts are backed by the manufacturer's warranty.
We stock thousands of parts.
- Please contact us if you can’t find what you’re looking for and we will be happy to assist you in finding your correct part(s).
- Please send us your Model and Spec number. We will look them up and get right back to you with more information.
We have been in the industry for over 30 years and we are committed to give the best customer service possible.